- a Progressive Church, members of the United Church of Christ
- an Open and Affirming (ONA) church, welcoming and supporting the LGBTQ+ community
- a Global Missions church, reaching out to serve neighbors near and across the globe
- an eco-conscious church dedicated to protecting our environment and educating ourselves and our community about the climate crisis
- people who seek to love our neighbors as ourselves through compassionate action and service
- committed to healing divisions in our community and world and standing up for peace and justice
View the following powerful and inspiring video introduction to the United Church of Christ–the once- controversial “Bouncer Ad.”
Our Mission Statement:
We are people on a continuing journey within the mystery of God, seeking justice in our neighborhood and world, relying on the presence of Christ’s Spirit to show us when and where we are to serve.
Our Open and Affirming Statement (revised 11/16/21):
The desire to seek justice for all people is a universal concept. We recognize that the LGBTQ+ community has long been the target of judgment and discrimination; we choose to renounce those harmful attitudes and actions, declaring ourselves an Open and Affirming (ONA) Church, in covenant with the United Church of Christ. We, the Tehachapi Community Congregational Church, pledge to seek justice for those of diverse sexual and gender identifications, welcoming them into full communion with the church, and into our sincere friendship and support.