- a free-spirited community that is serious about our faith, growth, and service to others
- a dedicated and lively group who will welcome you with open hearts and minds
- members of the United Church of Christ
- people of Extravagant Welcome
- a Progressive Church
- a congregation that believes God is “Still Speaking”
- advocates of Fair Trade
- an eco-concious church committed to Environmental Ministries
- people who seek to love our neighbors as ourselves through compassionate action and service
- committed to healing divisions in our community and world and standing up for peace and justice
Our Mission Statement:
We are people on a continuing journey within the mystery of God, seeking justice in our neighborhood and world, relying on the presence of Christ’s Spirit to show us when and where we are to serve.
Our Local Bylaws:
We are proud to announce our new Open and Affirming Covenant:
We, Tehachapi Community Congregational Church, United Church of Christ, seek to reflect these values as the sacred community. The justice we seek is by its very nature a universal concept, embracing and welcoming all people. We recognize that the LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender) community has been the target of discrimination and judgment and we consciously choose to renounce any discrimination and judgment, by declaring ourselves an
open and affirming (ONA) church, embracing justice and welcoming all people, including people of diverse sexual and gender orientation into the full communion of our church and our friendship.