We practice our faith in action. Join us as we take our practice into the world. There are many ways for you to get involved in our global and/or local programs. Check our calendar for upcoming events or contact the church for more information.
Meal Train for the Dinsmore Family
Clicking on the above link will take you to a calendar tool called “Meal Train,” which allows groups (such as our church) an easy way to coordinate providing meals for the family. Simply click on the link, then select an ‘available date’ that you would like to volunteer. Instructions and information are explained on the website.
Join us in Albertson’s parking lot each month and bring your recyclables or help with recyclables left at church. Afterwards join us at Baskin Robbins for dutch-treat ice cream social. Proceeds benefit the youth group.
- Heifer International
- Aid Africa
- APECA Peru
- Pearls of Africa Ugandan Children’s Home
- Rainbow Voices Choir
Some of the projects our church has recently undertaken:
- Pilgrimages (Contextual Learning): Blue Theology at Point Reyes and the Monterey Aquarium; Manzinar; Cesar Chavez Memorial; Albuergue Las Memorias AIDS Shelter in Tijuana
- Tilled & prepared a communal organic vegetable garden.
- Showcased and supported: Equal Exchange: Pearls of Africa Orphanage; Aid Africa: APECA Peru: Ninas Maya; and Thistle Farms.
- Support of Tehachapi Area PFlag Group (Parents, Friends and Families of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender persons) through sharing movies, education, and outreach and the celebration of Pride in Tehachapi in Worship.
- We sponsored families at both Thanksgiving and Christmas, providing them with complete turkey dinners and Christmas gifts for their children.
- Church members contributed to on-going UCC–related mission funds, such as One Great Hour of Sharing and Neighbors in Need.
- Meals on Wheels delivery to local home bound individuals during two weeks each year.
- Service project collections vary from school supplies to diapers, which are distributed locally.
- Called to Care volunteers visit and keep in touch with our congregation’s home bound and other members, expressing our love and care.