The Community Service Ministry Team is responsible for initiatives of service within our local community, and related communication within the church. They are responsible for the benevolent giving of the church, in support of local needs, as well as coordination with other churches and social agencies in the community.
- They sponsor families at Thanksgiving and Christmas (in partnership with the Salvation Army,) providing them with complete turkey dinners and Christmas gifts for their children.
- Church members contribute to on-going UCC–related mission funds, such as “One Great Hour of Sharing” and “Neighbors in Need.”
- Meals on Wheels lunches are delivered to local home bound individuals, twice a year, for two week periods (M-F) by volunteers from the church.
- A lovely public water-wise garden was designed, displaying a Peace Pole in six languages. Garden spaces were created, using California native plants.
- Service project collections vary from school supplies to diapers, which are distributed locally.