(Bylaws Art. VI, Sec. 6)
The Community Service Ministry Team is responsible for initiatives of service within our local community, and related communication within the church. They are responsible for the benevolent giving of the church in support of local needs, as well as coordination with other churches and social agencies in the community.
- They sponsor families during the holiday season, in partnership with the Salvation Army. Complete turkey dinners are provided at Thanksgiving. Members participate in the “Angel Tag” program at Christmas, purchasing gifts for needy children.
- Church members contribute to on-going UCC–related mission funds, such as “One Great Hour of Sharing” and “Neighbors in Need.”
- Meals on Wheels lunches are delivered to local home bound individuals, twice a year for two week periods (M-F) by volunteers from the church.
- The public is welcome to enjoy our lovely gardens. The water-wise garden at the corner of E & Green Streets displaying a Peace Pole in six languages, utilizes some California native plants.
- Service project collections vary from school supplies to diapers, which are distributed locally.